This is a formal notice that the UNSW Security Society (SecSoc) will be running an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on the 9th of March 2020. The meeting will run from 12:30pm to 1:30pm in the K17 Seminar Room at the University of New South Wales.
Anyone is welcome to attend the EGM, but only those who are UNSW students and are a member of the UNSW Security Society will be able to vote.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Election of a new Secretary and Arc Delegate
- Constitutional Changes
- Business without notice
Nomination for executive positionsOnly current UNSW students are eligible for election for the executive. You will also need to be a current Arc member.
If you wish to nominate yourself or others, you must do so by filling out this form by the close of nominations at 11:59pm on the 2nd of March 2020. After nominations have closed, you will then be emailed the next day to confirm your nomination.
The election will use an optional preferential vote, curated by a returning officer, conducted on the day using paper ballots.
Before this time, you will have a chance to campaign at the election, However if for any reason you’re unable to attend, you may also submit a brief blurb on why you should be elected, that will be read out for you.
Duties of the Secretary shall include but are not be limited to:
- To be responsible for receiving and replying to all correspondence on behalf of the club;
- To organise meetings, agendas (in consultation with the President), and minutes;
- To keep relevant club papers in order;
- To coordinate elections; and
- To maintain the membership list, updating when changes are made.
Duties of the Arc Delegate shall include but are not be limited to:
- To be aware of the Arc funding system, it’s requirements and its possibilities for the club;
- To communicate with the Executive before and after each Arc Clubs General Meeting to pass on information (about grants etc);
- To liaise with Arc and the club’s Executive;
- To have a good working knowledge of Arc forms;
- To clear out the club’s pigeonhole in the Arc Resource Centre at least every two weeks; and
- To attend Arc Clubs General Meetings or nominate a fellow club member to attend on your behalf, or send advance apologies (taking the form of a written note detailing your name, club, and the date of the meeting you can not attend).
- To ensure that Arc is informed of any changes to the Executive;
- To ensure that changes made to the constitution at an EGM or AGM are in line with Arc requirements;
You may find a copy of the constitution, along with the suggested changes here: https://github.com/unswsecuritysociety/constitution/pulls
You may suggest further changes to the constitution to be voted on by submitting a pull request. Please note you will need to be a current UNSW student and a member of Security Society to propose changes.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
The Security Society of UNSW.